Technetium tc 99m tilmanocept (By injection)
Technetium Tc 99m Tilmanocept (tek-NEE-shee-um Tc 99m til-MAN-oh-sept)
Used to help view the lymph nodes in patients with certain cancers.
LymphoseekThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A doctor or other health professional will give you this medicine. It is given as a shot into your skin, below the areola (area around the nipple), or around a tumor at least 15 minutes before a surgical or test procedure.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed for at least 24 hours after you receive this medicine. Pump the milk and throw it away.
- Tell your doctor if you have an allergy to any form of dextran.
- You will be exposed to radiation when you are given this medicine. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the shot is given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 10/10/2019